Dr. Kimberly A. Turman is a skilled and compassionate doctor who can help you with any Sports Medicine need.
Looking for a highly skilled and approachable physician to solve your sports medicine issues? Dr. Turman has a high level of expertise and skill and can get you back to enjoying your sport once again. Schedule an appointment today.
- Undergraduate: University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE
- Medical School: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Residency: Creighton/University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Team Physician for Creighton Women’s Soccer, Skutt Catholic High School
Dr. Turman was an All-American gymnast at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. She now enjoys spending time with her husband and three children and golfing, reading and cooking.
Publications, Presentations and Research
Turman KA, Gwathmey FW, Diduch DR: All-Inside Arthroscopic Meniscal Repair. In
Insall & Scott Surgery of the Knee, Scott WN (editor), Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA
Hart JM, Turman KA, Diduch DR, Hart JA, Miller MD. Quadriceps muscle activation and
radiographic osteoarthritis following ACL revision. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol
Turman KA, Miller CD, Miller MD. Clavicular fractures following coracoclavicular
ligament reconstruction with tendon graft. J Bone Joint Surg 2010:92;1526-1532.
Turman KA, Miller CD, Miller MD. Semimembranosus tendon viewed through an
isolated medial meniscus capsular avulsion: a case report. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 2010:18;760-762.
Turman KA, Anderson MW, Miller MD. Massive rotator cuff tear in an adolescent
athlete: a case report. Sports Health 2010:2;51-55.
Turman KA, Hart JA, Miller MD: Cartilage Problems in Sports. In Netter’s Sports
Medicine, Madden CC, Putukian M, Young CC, McCart EC (editors),
Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA, 2010.
Redziniak DE, Diduch DR, Turman K, Hart J, Grindstaff TL, MacKnight JM, Mistry
DJ. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in the athlete. Intl
J Sports Med 2009;30:557-562.
Turman KA, Diduch DR, Miller MD. All-inside meniscal repair. Sports Health
Redziniak DE, Hart J, Turman K, Treme G, Hart J, Lunardini D, Miller MD, Diduch
DR. Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair using the Opus knotless suture anchor fixation system. Am J Sports Med 2009:37;1106-1110.
Turman KA, Diduch DR. Meniscal repair: Indications and techniques. J Knee Surg
Turman KA, Miller MD. JBJS specialty update: What’s new in sports medicine. J
Bone Joint Surg 2008;90:211-222.
Manske RC, Giangarra CE, Turman KA, Heiderscheit BC: Complications in
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. In Postsurgical Orthopedic
Sports Rehabilitation Knee and Shoulder, Manske RC (editor), Mosby
Elsevier, St. Louis, MO, 2006.